Battelle combines field experience and world-class laboratory analytical services to give you the answers you need to understand complex contamination problems. We bring together all the expertise you need—including fate and transport modeling, chemistry, environmental science, toxicology and data analytics—to provide accurate, defensible data and objective analysis.
Remedy Selection and Optimization
- Accurate identification and quantification of a broad range of contaminants (including persistent volatile organic compounds (VOCs), per- and poly-fluorinated alkyl substances (PFASs), heavy metals and hydrocarbons) in soil, sediment, water, air and biological tissue
- State-of-the-art sampling and analytical methods for low-level detection, high-resolution site characterization, source zone characterization and analysis of comingled contaminant plumes
- Modeling and 3D visualization tools to help you understand the nature, extent, fate and transport of contaminants on your site and analyze exposure scenarios
- Accurate, objective evaluation of human health and ecological risks
- Method development and validation for non-standard sampling and analytical challenges
Selecting the right remedy for contaminated sites requires a clear understanding of the end goals, costs and treatment options. Battelle can help you optimize your remediation plan to control costs, improve treatment effectiveness, and move your site towards closure as safely and efficiently as possible. We offer objective, science-based answers tailored to the unique characteristics of your site.
Our team provides:
- Feasibility studies to evaluate the cost and effectiveness of different remediation options based on site characteristics, contaminant levels, and cleanup goals
- Remedy selection, design and optimization
- Assistance with developing remedial exit strategies, transitioning to lower-cost, less aggressive methods (treatment train approach) and achieving final site closure
- Designing and implementing optimized long-term monitoring strategies
- Technology development and transfer to address non-standard remediation challenges